Chocolate Banana Meringue Pie
How to do it:
1. Sift Bakels Sweet Dough Blend and all purpose flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add chilled diced unsalted butter
3. Cut unsalted butter into flour mixture until fat particles are the size of peas or hazelnuts.
4. Add cold water to flour mixture. Mix very gently, just until water is absorbed.
5. Slightly knead the dough. Do not over knead the dough.
6. Form dough into a ball and cover with plastic film. Rest dough inside the chiller for 1 hour.
7. Dust the work bench with flour and roll out the dough to 3 mm thickness. Avoid too much dusting flour.
8. Place the dough into the pan. Press the corners without stretching the dough.
9. Prick dough with fork to release trapped air between the dough and the pan.
10. Trim off excess dough and flute or crimp the edges as desired.
11. Place an empty pan on top of the dough and bake at 180”C for 25 mins.
1. Combine fresh milk and Apito Cooking Chocolate and heat until Chocolate has melted.
2. Add Apito Chocolate Paste into the chocolate-milk solution. Mix until homogenous.
3. Add warm chocolate-milk mixture to Bakels Bake Stable Custard Mix.
4. Mix well until smooth.
5. Apply as desired.
1. Soak Actiwhite in water for 10 minutes.
2. Whisk sugar and Actiwhite solution to full volume at high speed for 10 mins. until stiff.
3. Add cornstarch and continue mixing at high speed for 10 secs.
4. Place in a piping bag fitted with star tip.
1. Place one layer of sliced bananas into the pie shell.
2. Pour half of cooled filling on top of sliced bananas.
3. Place the remaining sliced bananas on top of the chocolate filling.
4. Pour the remaining half of the cooled filling.
5. Pipe meringue on top of the pie.
6. Bake at 220°C for 10 mins then continue baking at 180°C for 15 mins.
7. Cool at room temperature.
Yield: 1 piece x 9 inch pie