How to do it:
1. Combine all dry ingredients except Bakels Shortening. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds.
2. Add water and whole eggs. Mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add Bakels Shortening. Shift to high speed and continue mixing on high speed for 5 minutes or until fully developed.
4. Rest dough for 15 minutes.
5. Cut dough and mold into Vienna shape.
6. Proof. Brush with eggwash and bake at 180˚C for 20 minutes.
1. Combine water and Bakels Bake-Stable Custard Mix in a mixing bowl and whip on low speed until homogeneous, approximately 1 minute.
2. Scrape. Mix on high speed for 5 minutes. Set aside.
1. Combine powdered sugar, Apito Chocolate Paste and water in a bowl.
2. Mix by hand until homogeneous.
1. Create a deep cut on top of the breads making sure not to slice through the bread. With the use of a straight edged wax paper as a guide, pour the chocolate glaze on both ends of the bread.
2. Pipe the custard filling into the deep cut.
Yield: 10 x 200g dough