Apple Custard Bread
How to do it:
1. Combine dry ingredients and mix for 30 seconds at slow speed.
2. Add milk and water and mix for 1 minute at low speed.
3. Add Bakels Shortening and Butta Butteroil Substitute and mix at high speed for another 6 minutes or until gluten is well developed.
4. Divide into three equal pieces.
5. Round and rest.
6. Form dough into thin ropes, sheet, and fill with apple filling.
7. Rest for another 15 minutes.
8. Braid dough pieces and seal ends properly.
9. Coil and place in well-greased 9-inch pans.
10. Proof for 90-120 minutes.
11. Brush with egg wash and spread topping over dough carefully.
12. Bake for 45 minutes at 180°C.
Combine all ingredients until well blended.
1. Whisk milk, water, sugar, Bakels Bake-Stable Custard Mix, cinnamon powder and sugar at high speed for 2 minutes.
2. Fold in Les Fruits Apple.
Yield: 2 x 9” round bread