Apple-Coffee Sweet Bread
How to do it:
1. Combine all dry ingredients except Bakels Shortening. Mix for 30 seconds at low speed.
2. Add water and whole eggs and mix at low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add Bakels Shortening and continue mixing at high speed for 5 minutes.
4. Divide dough into two portions. Set the other half aside.
5. With the half portion at the mixer, add Apito Expresso Paste. Mix until flavor is completely distributed in the dough.
6. Scale 200g dough from both the plain and expresso-flavored doughs.
7. Flatten the two doughs separately.
8. Place the expresso dough over the white dough.
9. Spread Apple filling mixture on top of the expresso dough.
10. Mold to loaf shape and deposit onto greased loaf pans.
11. Using a sharp scissors cut the dough inside the pan at 45 deg angle, at about 80% deep at half-inch interval. Lean the cut portion to the left, and the next cut portion lean to the right and so on to form a twist.
13. Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or until done.
1. Mix Les Fruits Apple, brown sugar and all purpose flour altogether until thoroughly combined.
Yield: 5 x 411g loaf