Chocolate Cinnamon Tuiles
How to do it:
1. Whisk egg whites in a clean, grease-free bowl until soft peaks are formed.
2. Gradually whisk in sugar to make a smooth, glossy mixture.
3. Sift flour over the meringue mixture and fold in evenly. Try not to deflate the mixture.
4. Stir in butter.
5. Transfer about one third of the mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together Bakels Alkalized Cocoa Powder and cinnamon. Stir into the larger quantity of mixture until well combined.
7. Leaving room for spreading, drop spoonfuls of the chocolate-flavored mixture onto the lightly greased baking sheets then spread each gently with a palette knife to make a neat round.
8. Using a small spoon, drizzle the reserved plain mixture over the rounds, swirling it lightly to give a marbled effect.
9. Bake for 4-6 minutes, until just set. Using a palette knife, lift each biscuit and drape it over a rolling pin, to give a curved shape as it hardens.
10. Allow the tuiles to set, then remove them and finish cooling on a wire rack. Serve on the same day.
Yield: 52 x 10-g dough
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City