Kiwi Custard Cruffin
How to do it:
1. Prepare the dough. Mix Apito Soft Donut Mix and Bakels Instant Active Dry Yeast for 30 seconds at low speed.
2. Add water and continue mixing for 2 minutes. Shift to high speed and mix until partially developed.
3. Rest the dough in the chiller for 20 minutes. Cover with plastic.
4. Incorporate layering fat using English method.
5. Give the dough a total of three (3) single folds. Allow 30 minutes rest between folds.
6. After the last fold, allow the dough to rest 30 minutes before final sheeting.
7. Sheet the dough to 5mm then cut in 4” x 30” rectangle.
8. Roll each rectangle crosswise. Egg wash and proof for 1 hour.
9. Apply egg wash and bake for 25-30 minutes at 200°C. Cool.
10. Make a hole at the center of each cruffin and pipe 30g Kiwi-Custard filling.
1. Prepare the filling. Combine Bakels Bake-Stable Custard Mix and Les Fruits Kiwi. Mix for 3 minutes at high speed.
2. Fold in Les Fruit Kiwi.
Yield: 25 pieces