Lemon Linzer Cookies
How to do it:
1. On medium speed, cream Dairy Blend, Butta Butteroil Substitute and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy.
2. Add eggs gradually. Beat for 3 minutes on medium speed or until fluffy.
3. Add flour and Bakels Cake Concentrate gradually. Beat for 1 minute until a soft dough forms.
4. Refrigerate dough, if necessary, until firm enough to handle.
5. Between two pieces of wax paper, sheet the dough evenly using a rolling pin until 1/8cm thick. Refrigerate until firm.
6. Cut into 2-inch diameter cookies. Knead the scraps together and repeat step 4.
7. Cut out the center of the remaining cookies using cutters of desired shapes (star, heart, flower, etc.). Make sure the cutout has approximately 1-cm allowance from the edges.
8. Bake at 180°C for 8 - 10 minutes.
9. Cool cookies and dust cookies with cut outs with Fino Dusting Sugar.
10. Spread 5g of Bakels RTU Lemon Filling on the base cookies. Cover with cutout cookie and press lightly.
Yield: 69 sandwich cookies (2-inch diameter)