Mint Ice Cream
How to do it:
1. Using a saucepan over medium heat, scald the fresh milk while stirring constantly.
2. Mix flour and cold water to a smooth paste. Add to scalded milk and continue stirring until thickened.
3. When thickened, cook over hot water for 15 minutes.
4. Add refined sugar and beaten egg yolks, cook for 2 minutes.
5. Strain the custard using a fine sieve. Cool.
6. Add fresh cream and Apito Peppermint Paste (and color, optional). Blend manually until homogenous.
7. Freeze (preferably using a blast freezer until core temp reaches -10°C). Transfer to slow freezer for storage.
Yield: 24 x 40-g serving
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City