How to do it:
1. Cream sugar, salt and Bakels Margarine Special until light and fluffy.
2. Add all purpose flour, skimmed milk powder, Fino Double Acting Baking Powder and PreserV. Mix for 30 seconds at second speed.
3. Gradually add eggs, Balec solution and Fino Cake Emulsifier while mixing at second speed for 2 minutes.
4. Mix further at first speed for 3 minutes while slowly adding water.
5. Divide batter into three to make variations (see below).
6. Pour batter into cake pans and bake at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until done.
1. Lemon Surprise - Mix 518 g of cake batter with 10 g Apito Lemon Paste and 30g raisins.
2. Double Chocolate Marble – Mix 518 g of cake batter with 10 g Apito Chocolate Paste and chocolate chips.
3. Southern Style Cupcakes – Mix 518 g cake batter with 85 g corn kernels.
For Balec Solution (10g of Balec Powder in 50g water).
Yield: 31 x 50-g batter
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City