Chocolate Mallow Cake
How to do it:
1. Blend water, oil and eggs in a mixing bowl.
2. Add Fino Chocolate Cake Mix, sugar, all purpose flour and mix for 3 minutes on medium to high speed.
3. Add chopped walnuts and mix using paddle on low speed for 1 minute. Deposit batter in greased pan.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180-185°C. Do not overbake.
5. Cool completely. Use 6’ ring pan to cut. Set aside.
1. Line a 6-inch heat-safe bowl with a large piece of plastic wrap. Coat the plastic wrap with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Mix the gelatin and cold water in a stand mixer with whisk attachment, on low speed.
3. Combine the granulated sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar completely dissolves. (If any granules of sugar stick to the side of the pan, brush them back into the sugar-water mixture with a wet pastry brush.)
4. Attach a candy thermometer to the pan and increase the heat to medium-high. Cook until the mixture reaches 116°C.
5. With the mixer on low speed, slowly pour the sugar syrup into the softened gelatin. Once all the syrup is added, increase the speed to high and beat until the mixture is very thick and holds soft peaks (approx. 15 minutes). Add Brite Vanilla Extra Strength.
6. Scrape the marshmallow mixture into the prepared bowl. Let sit at room temperature until the marshmallow is completely cool and set, about 1 hour.
7. Remove the marshmallow and invert onto the pre-cut 6” base. Set aside.
1. Microwave the chocolate and coconut oil together in a medium microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until the chocolate is smooth.
2. Let cool at room temperature until the mixture coats a spoon and drips off slowly.
3. Pour the chocolate coating all over the prepared marshmallow with chocolate base. Refrigerate.
Yield: 1 x 6-inch round cake