Orange Rum Savarin
How to do it:
1. Combine all purpose flour, refined sugar, Bakels Instant Yeast and salt in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat butter and milk until warm (around 50°C). Add to dry ingredients. Blend for 1 minute on low speed.
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating at low speed for1 minute. Shift to medium speed and mix for 3 minutes. Stir in raisins and nuts.
4. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size (approx. 2 hours).
5. Stir down. Spoon into a well-greased 9-inch ring mold, cover and let rise until doubled in size (approx. 1 hour).
6. Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes or when cake is lightly browned and cake tester inserted near center comes out clean.
7. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert to de-pan.
8. Pierce cake with a toothpick at 1-inch intervals. Slowly spoon orange syrup over bread until absorbed.
9. Top with Bakels Chocolate Truffle (Heat and Pour).
1. Boil sugar, water and Apito Orange Paste. Remove from heat and let cool.
2. Add dark rum.
Yield: 1 cake ring