Low-Cost Fruit Cake
How to do it:
1. Macerate or steep dried fruits in rhum, and store in the chiller overnight.
2. Place water, eggs, Bakels Muffin Mix, Apito Orange Paste, Apito Lemon Paste, molasses, spices and corn syrup in a mixing bowl.
3. Blend using cake paddle for approximately 1 minute at low speed.
4. Scrape down and mix on second speed for 4 minutes.
5. Slowly add cooking oil while mixing on low speed.
6. Drain the macerated dried fruits (reserving the rhum) and fold into batter with nuts.
7. Deposit into prepared loaf pans.
8. Bake at 160°C for 30-35 minutes.
9. Brush the fruit cakes with reserved rhum while hot.
Yield: 3 cake loaves
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City