How to do it:
1. Dissolve salt in water.
2. Combine all bread flour, Bakels Instant Yeast, whole eggs, Dobrim Nobro and CSP 60, mix with salt solution at low speed for 2 minutes.
3. Add Bakels Shortening then mix for 5 minutes.
4. Cover and rest dough for 30 minutes.
5. Scale into 400g pieces and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten each dough into a 9” x 14” rectangle. Apply egg wash lightly.
6. Spread filling on center of the dough. On the 14” side, put cuts on the dough at least 1” apart. Pull each cut strip alternately towards the center to make a braid-like appearance.
7. Apply egg wash again and proof for 30 minutes.
8. Bake at 190°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown in color.
1. Mix together liver spread, whole eggs, cheddar cheese and chopped onions.
Yield: 2 x 400-g dough
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City