Apple Tart Tatin
How to do it:
1. Sift flour. Cut in Bakels Shortening and Bakels Margarine Special.
2. Dissolve sugar in cold water, add to dry mixture and knead by hand slightly until combined.
3. Roll out to about 1/8 inch thick and cut into 2 x 9” diameter circles. Cover and set aside.
1. In a saucepan, melt butter until slightly bubbly. Add the sugar and stir in with a wooden spoon.
2. Add Brite Vanilla Regular and cinnamon. Continue simmering to make a caramel.
3. Stir in the lemon juice to deglaze the pan and continue cooking until it becomes a caramel.
4. Pour caramel into two 8” diameter pie pans. Place 250g Les Fruits Apple in each pie pan, top off with a little more caramel, then cover with prepared pastry crust. Tuck the pastry crust in between the apple filling and the pie pan sides.
5. Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C or until crust is golden brown.
After baking, turn upside down on a serving plate to remove from pie pan. Cool, cut into wedges and serve.
Yield: 2 x 8-inch pie