Butterscotch filled Tart
How to do it:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Prepare tart mold using an 7” round mold. In a mixing bowl, blend together Apito Biscuit Mix and Bakels Margarine Special on low speed for 30 seconds. Switch to medium speed and continue mixing for a minute or until crumbly. Do not overmix.
3. Dust with cake flour and sheet the cookie dough. Place the dough into greased round molds.
4. Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes before removing from mold.
5. Prepare filling. In a saucepan, melt butter. Add in sugar and allow to slightly brown.
6. Gradually add flour and salt alternately with Apito Butta Vanilla and milk.
7. Mix vigorously or transfer the mixture in a mixing bowl and continue mixing until smooth.
8. Pour the mixture into the tart shell.
9. Allow the filling to set and serve.
Yield: 2 tarts (7”)
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City