Coffee Fragipane-Filled Tarts
How to do it:
1. Sift flour. Cut in Bakels Shortening to the flour.
2. Dissolve sugar and salt in cold water, add to dry mixture and knead by hand slightly until combined. Note: Do not over-knead to prevent development of the dough.
3. Roll out to about 1/8 inch thick and place into greased medium ensaymada tins.
4. Dock with a fork and set aside.
1. Cream softened butter and sugar in the mixer until it is light and fluffy.
2. Combine eggs and Apito Expresso, gradually add to creamed butter on low speed.
3. Add all purpose flour and mix for 30 seconds on low speed.
4. Stir in almond slivers on low speed for 15 seconds.
5. Fill tart shells and bake at 170ºC for 30 minutes or until the filling turns brown.
6. De-pan and allow to cool.
1. Dissolve gelatin in hot water. Once completely dissolved add some cold water and set aside.
2. Place Whip Brite Whipped Topping Powder and white sugar in a clean bowl. Add water and mix on low speed for 30 seconds. Whip for an additional 30 seconds on medium speed.
3. Slowly add in the gelatin mixture and continue beating for one minute on slow speed.
4. Scrape down sides of the bowl and whip mixture for 2 minutes on high speed.
5. Pipe mousse on top of tarts and chill for 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
Yield: 8 tarts