Lemon Meringue Tart
How to do it:
1. In a mixing bowl place butter and blend for 30 seconds. Add the eggs and the Apito Biscuit Mix and mix for 2-4 minutes or until the dough is incorporated. Chill for 10-15 minutes in the chiller.
2. Place the chilled dough in between 2 sheets of wax paper and roll the dough thinly.
3. Transfer the dough onto a greased round pan or tart molds and press on the bottom of the pan or tart mold.
4. Chill the dough for another 10-15 minutes prior to baking.
5. Bake at 180°C for 10-15 minutes.
6. Cool and set aside.
1. In a clean mixing bowl, whisk the Bakels Stable Custard Mix and water for 1-3 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and the custard consistency is achieved.
2. Add the Lemon Cream and lemon zest and mix for 30 seconds.
3. Place the filling in the prepared tart molds.
4. Bake at 180°C for 10-15 minutes.
5. Set aside.
1. In a clean mixing bowl, mix egg whites and cream of tartar using a wire whisk until foamy.
2. Gradually add the white sugar and whisk until stiff peak.
3. Pipe the meringue on top of the lemon filling.
4. Use a torch or bake top for a few minutes.
Yield: 1 x 6” ring mold or 20 pieces small tarts