Special Fruit Tarts
How to do it:
1. Dissolve salt and sugar (1) in cold water. Set aside.
2. Rub flour lightly with Bakels Shortening then add the salt and sugar solution. Knead lightly. Rest for 10 minutes.
3. Roll the dough to about 1/8 to ¼ inch thick and mold into greased small fluted tins.
4. Using a fork, put holes on the base of the tart shells prior to baking.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes at 180°C. Note: Tart shells may be kept refrigerated if not used immediately.
1. Boil sugar (2) and water.
2. Sift cake flour and skimmed milk together then add egg yolks and evaporated milk. Mix well.
3. Pour egg yolk mixture into the boiling sugar mixture, constantly stirring until custard is thick.
4. Remove from fire.
5. Immediately stir-in butter and Brite Vanilla Regular.
6. Cool lightly before applying on tart shells.
1. Half-fill the baked shells with custard cream. Chill until custard is set then spread fruit fillings on top.
2. Tarts may be chilled then brushed with light corn syrup for better appearance.
Yield: 63 x 15-g dough
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City