Apple Cinnamon Slice
How to do it:
1. Cream together Butta Butteroil Substitute, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour and mix on low speed until the mixture is thoroughly coated with fat.
3. Form the mixture into a ball and knead several times.
4. Press onto a 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan lined with waxed paper.
5. Bake for 7 minutes at 180ºC. Set aside.
1. Melt butter in saucepan.
2. Add brown sugar and milk.
3. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and stir for 2 minutes.
4. Add light corn syrup when slightly cool.
5. Pour mixture on top of biscuit base and spread evenly.
1. Blend Bakels Margarine Special, Bakels Cake Concentrate and flour on low speed.
2. Add sugar. Mix on low speed for 1 minute.
3. Gradually add eggs and water while mixing on low speed for 2 minutes.
4. Continue mixing on medium speed for 5 minutes.
5. Fold in half the amount of Les Fruits Apple.
6. Spread batter on top of glazed biscuit base.
7. Top with remaining Les Fruits Apple 50%.
8. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
9. Bake at 180°C for one hour or until done.
Yield: 16 pieces (2 x 2” slices)