Peanut Butter & Jelly Pillows
How to do it:
1. Prepare the peanut butter filling by scooping out 7 gram balls and putting it in the freezer. Allow the peanut butter to harden.
2. Mix Apito Soft Donut Mix, Bakels Instant Active Dry Yeast and cold water in a mixing bowl. Mix until the dough is well developed.
3. Cover and rest dough for 10 minutes.
4. Sheet the dough using a rolling pin or sheeter at 3 mm. The desired dough shape is rectangular.
5. Cover the dough with plastic and allow it to rest for another 10 minutes.
6. Cut the dough approximately 33” x 6”. Add in the filling in the middle of the dough (approximately 7 grams peanut butter and 9 grams Les Fruits 50% Strawberry).Spacing out enough for the next pillow to be filled. Brush the open seams with egg wash prior to folding over. Fold over the dough until both ends meet.
7. There would be 3 open seams, seal the seams of the dough using a fork.
8. Poke the top of the dough with small holes.
9. Place the dough on a greased tray.
10. Proof for 30-40 minutes.
11. Brush with egg wash.
12. Bake at 200°C for 10-12 minutes.
13. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Yield: 16 pieces x 20 grams dough weight