Dark Chocolate Ravioli with White Chocolate and Cream Cheese Filling
How to do it:
1. Sift flour, Bakels Alkalized Cocoa Powder, salt and icing sugar in a mixing bowl. Pour eggs and oil. Mix using a paddle on low speed for 3 minutes or until smooth then knead by hand.
2. Cover and rest for 30 minutes.
3. Cut the dough in half and wrap one portion in clear film.
4. Roll the pasta out thinly to a rectangle on a lightly floured surface (or use a pasta machine). Cover with a clean damp dishtowel and repeat with the remaining pasta.
5. Pipe small mounds of filling in even rows, spacing them at 1-½ inch intervals across one piece of the dough. Brush the spaces of dough between the mounds with beaten egg.
6. Using a rolling pin, lift the remaining sheet of pasta over the dough with the filling. Press down firmly between the pockets of filling, pushing any trapped air.
7. Cut the filled chocolate pasta into rounds with a serrated ravioli cutter or sharp knife. Transfer to a floured dishtowel. Leave for 1 hour to dry out, ready for cooking.
8. Fill frying pan with water and bring to a boil and add the ravioli a few at a time, stirring to prevent them from sticking together. Simmer gently for 3-5 minutes. Remove with a perforated spoon.
Garnish with the prepared topping and grated chocolate.
1. Melt white chocolate in a double boiler. Cool slightly.
2. Beat cream cheese in a bowl then beat in the chocolate and eggs. Spoon to a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle.
1. Mix Bakels Whipping Cream using a paddle on high speed for 1 minute.
2. Add cold water gradually for another minute.
3. Add butter then mix using a wire whip and whisk on high speed for 3 minutes or until desired volume and consistency are achieved.