Cherry Chocolate Mousse Cake
How to do it:
1. Whisk Pettina Chocolate Sponge Mix Complete, eggs and water (a) for 5 minutes on high speed.
2. Fold-in melted butter.
3. Deposit on a greased and lined jelly roll pan.
4. Bake at 180°C. Cool and cut using cake ring pan. Set aside.
1. Using wire whisk, mix Whip Brite, water, Apito Chocolate Paste, and caster sugar for about 5 minutes on high speed.
2. Bloom and dissolve gelatin in water. Set aside.
3. Temper the gelatin in mousse mix.
1. Make sugar syrup by combining sugar and water (b). Mix and set aside.
2. Soak gelatin in cold water (c). Melt the soaked gelatin with sugar syrup and add into Les Fruit Dark Cherry 50%.
1. Boil Sapphire Neutral and water. Temper on Diamond Glaze Dark Chocolate.
1. Place the chocolate sponge cake into the bottom of ring cake pan. Cover with chocolate mousse, add the filling. Chill.
1. Bring to boil the Saphire Neutral and water. Temper the hot glaze in the Diamond Glaze. Desired application temp is 35-40°C.
Yield: 1 x 8” mousse cake