Glazed Red Velvet with Buttercream Frosting
How to do it:
1. Combine all ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl.
2. Using a paddle, blend on low speed for approximately 1 minute.
3. Scrape down and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.
4. Slowly add corn oil while mixing on low speed for 1 minute.
5. Deposit in a greased and lined 8” round pan.
6. Bake at 170°C for 90 minutes.
7. Cool down.
1. Cream butter and powdered sugar.
2. Set aside.
1. In a saucepan, combine Saphire Neutral and water.
2. Bring to a boil to dissolve Saphire Neutral completely.
3. Add the solution to Diamond Glaze and fold slowly.
4. Temperature should be 35- 38°C before application.
5. Pour in frozen cake (-18).
1. Apply the filling into the sliced cake.
2. Coat the cake with buttercream.
3. Put the cake in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
4. Prepare the glaze and pour onto frozen cake (-18°C).
Yield: 1 x 8” round cake
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City