Black & White Cake
How to do it:
1. Combine cake flour, milk powder, Bakels Baking Powder and salt in a bowl.
2. Cream Bakels Shortening, Butta Butteroil Substitute and sugar at low speed approx. 6 minutes.
3. Add eggs one at a time alternately with a portion of dry ingredients while mixing at slow speed.
4. Add water alternately with a portion of dry ingredients at medium speed.
5. Continue mixing for 2 minutes and shift to slow speed for 30 seconds.
6. Divide the batter into two.
7. Add 20g Apito Chocolate Paste to half of the batter mixture. Blend until homogeneous.
8. Pipe the chocolate mixture in a square pan alternately with the plain mixture.
9. Bake at 180°C for 40 minutes.
1. Place sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat.
2. Beat egg white and cream of tartar at high speed.
3. When syrup is in the “hard ball stage”, gradually pour half of the syrup into the egg white and mix at medium speed. Shift to high speed and mix until syrup is incorporated.
4. Shift to and gradually pour the remaining syrup.
5. Continue beating at high speed until the icing reaches slightly stiff peak stage.
6. Add Bakels Shortening and butter at medium speed until well blended.
7. Top on cooled cake.
Yield: 1 cake