Mango Walnut Cake
How to do it:
1. Place Bakels Mamon Mix, whole eggs and water in a mixing bowl.
2. Mix using wire whisk for 10 minutes at high speed.
3. Scrape down and fold in vegetable oil.
4. Deposit batter into lined 8” x 3” round cake pan.
5. Bake at 180°C for about 18–22 minutes.
1. Melt sugar over low fire. Add chopped walnuts. Pour mixture on flat tray. Set aside and cool.
2. Chop brittle into pieces, set aside.
1. Using a wire whisk, mix Whip Brite powder, puree and water until full volume is achieved. Set aside.
2. Peel mango and cut into cubes. Set aside.
3. Fold 1/3 of whipped topping into cubed mangoes and ½ of the walnut brittle to be used as filling.
1. Cut the cake base into 3 layers.
2. Spread filling in between layers of the cake base.
3. Top and decorate the cake using remaining icing and walnut brittle.
4. Chill and serve cold.
Yield: 1 cake (8 slices)
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City