How to do it:
1. Preheat oven to 145C degrees.
2. Beat egg whites until foamy, then add white sugar in 3 parts. Beat for 15-18 mins in medium speed. TIP: #1 egg whites should be room temp.
3. Fold ground nuts.
4. Transfer meringue in 18” Bakels Piping Bag with plain nozzle. In a tray with silicon mat, Pipe 6”in disk like shape meringue (makes about 6-7 pcs).
5. Put in oven and bake for 2-2.5 hours. Cool down & set aside.
6. For the mousse, Double boil Egg yolk and white sugar. Continue whisking till light and fluffy.
7. Add tempered Apito Chocolate Buttons and gelatin mass (bloom and dissolve gelatin leaves in ice cold water) and set aside.
8. Pour in 2, 6”in cake ring line with mousse tape. Put immediately in blast freezer.
9. In a mixer, cream Bakels whipping cream. Add fresh milk and mix for another 3 minutes. Change attachment to whisk, add all-purpose cream and whisk for 4-6 minutes at medium to high speed. Set aside ¼ of the mixture and fold 200 grams of cubed mangoes.
1. In a cake board, place the first meringue wafer/disc, put the chocolate mousse disc, followed by 2nd meringue wafer/disc, pipe with mango cream and top with 3rd meringue wafer/disc. Cover with whipping cream and top with Fresh Mangoes.
Yield: 1 piece 6 x 8" cake