How to do it:
Egg yolk portion:
1. Combine cake flour, Bakels baking powder, sugar, ovalett, egg yolk, water, vegetable oil and butter in a mixing bowl.
2. Using a paddle, mix on low speed for 10 seconds.
3. Shift to high speed and mix for 4 minutes.
Egg white portion:
1. In a separate mixing bowl, combine egg whites and cream of tartar.
2. Using a wire whisk, mix on high speed for 30 seconds.
3. Gradually add sugar while mixing on high speed for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
1. Fold in egg white portion into egg yolk portion using a wire whisk.
2. Deposit 300 g batter in small rectangular pans or loaf until half- full.
3. Cover rectangular pans using aluminum foil.
4. Bake at 180°C for 25 minutes.
5. Brush taisan cake with melted sugar and sprinkle with sugar.
Yield: 3 x 300g batter
Suites 601 & 602 Raffles Corporate Center Don Franscisco Ortigas, Jr. Road Ortigas Center 1605 Pasig City