Zig zag Bread
How to do it:
1. Combine all ingredients.
2. Mix on low speed for 1 minute then mix on 2nd speed for 2 minutes.
3. Target poolish temperature is 24°C.
4. Transfer poolish in a container with enough room for poolish to rise.
5. Ferment poolish at room temperature for 60 minutes.
6. Store poolish in a cool area at 5°C. Poolish may be stored up to 48 hours.
7. Maturation process is finished when a fine bubble formation shows on the surface.
1. Melt unsalted butter.
2. Combine hot water and melted butter.
3. Immediately pour (in small amount) hot liquid mixture in potato flakes, continuously mixing using a wire whisk or by an electric mixer.
4. Beat until desired consistency is reached.
Dough (target dough temp = 24°C)
1. Mix dough ingredients (except salt), poolish and prepared mashed potato on low speed for 10-12 minutes or until 90% developed.
2. Add salt. Shift to high speed and mix until fully developed (2-4 minutes).
3. Get dough temperature. Round dough and ferment for 75 minutes in a container coated with oil.
4. Scale into 450-gram portions.
5. Gently round.
6. Mold firmly into Vienna shape, rest on bench (seam down) for 10 minutes.
7. Slightly press and cut deep with lots of flour on the cutter.
8. Place upside down on a floured tray and rest at room temperature for 45 minutes.
9. Turn over and bake on oven hearth for 10 minutes at 250°C with steam.
10. Release vent, reduce temperature to 230°C and bake further for 15-20 minutes.
Yield: 9 x 450 grams