Red Velvet Custard Cake
How to do it:
1. Make the caramel in a heavy saucepan and pour over the prepared greased baking pans.
2. Make the custard mixture by mixing all the ingredients and straining over the cooled caramel. Set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, whip together group 1 ingredients except oil for 8 minutes at high speed.
4. In a steady stream, pour over the oil and whip for another 1 minute at medium speed.
5. Transfer on top of the custard and bake over baine marie for 45-60 minutes at 180°C.
6. Remove cake from the oven and allow the temperature to cool down.
7. Transfer to a serving tray then refrigerate for at least an hour.
8. Garnish as desired.
Yield: 8 cakes (4 inches)